Thursday, November 28, 2013

Project Brew Closet

So I have been storing my carboys in this HVAC dungeon and several other items as well. As I continue to build out my brewery I will be acquiring some pro level fermenters with blow offs. There was really no other area of the house I could use that could survive a wet messy disaster, plus this room is already plumbed for overflow drainage with the water heater and AC dumping into a PVC trap. 

There is a little more room than I thought in here. The dream is two conical fermenters with blow offs and two stainless buckets from SS Brew Tech, the new king of stainless brew vessels!  
The temp in this subterranean bunker is around 65 year round. It can tick up int he dead of summer to 72 but that's about it. If I need to warm a vessels, I can just wrap it with a. Heater band and maintain what the recipe calls for. My lagering room will continue to be an extra refrigerator sitting in the common area of the Northwest Nano brew house. 

Stay tuned for the build out...




No comments:

Post a Comment