Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rocktoberfest Taste Test

This beer was a bit on the outside of my comfort zone because of the pumpkin spice. Im not a fan of spiced or flavored beers but I wouldnt turn a pint down either. This brew was strange because at one week in primary it did not taste right. At two weeks in secondary, it started to taste like beer but it was still a little bland. 
It went into the keg at 21 days for a three day carb at 28psi. I decided to sample it about a day early to make sure it had matured to a drinkable batch. It had. 
Strange beer though, it starts as a rather bland ale and about a second after you swallow, the pumkin hits my nasal senses and the sip completes. This is the first beer that had two stages of flavor separated into phases. Weird. I think its naturally undercarbonated at just one full day on the Co2 so I will retaste when it is zinging with bubbles.  Very drinkable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment