Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Trip To Golden Colorado

I usually don't take pictures of myself, I think my kids call it, "selfies" or something inheritantly millennial. I was able to get a VIP look at Coors in Golden, Colorado recently and after I had started my home brewing empire. I don't like Coors, never have but this is one cool tour if your ever in the area. When they say it's all about the Rocky Mountain water, they ain't kidding since a river starting atop the peaks runs right into the plant. 

Inside the massive complex (second largest in the world), the process of making beer is remarkably the same as in my basement. Water mixed with grain at temperature, hops and fermentation. Below is a picture of years worth of hydro meters used to measure the gravity of the beer to ultimately determine and manage alcohol content. 

The outbound train from the middle of the plant to a 7-11 near you. 

The master control room. 

My tour, like everyone else's ends with a tasting room. Adolf had written down a pre-prohibition recipe way back when that was dug out of the archives and named, "Batch 19". It was being served today and it was very good for a Coors product. Did you know that Blue Moon was created here and continues to be brewed at Coors?  I love Blue Moon, so does this mean I've been a Coors fan this whole time?  




No comments:

Post a Comment